In 1528 Bastion St. John was constructed. The city wall used to have an entrance gate, Koepoort, which at the time was a fragile point at 's-Hertogenbosch' defense. Therefore, Bastion St. John was built. In 2015 the fortification is expanded, and is now home to a brand new information point. Bastion St. John is located next to St. Johns canal.